1. Harp-N-Bowl – The style of worship and prayer common to ‘International Houses of Prayer’, blending worship and prayer together like the liturgy of the book of Revelation.
2. Bridal Intimacy – A term used to describe the Body of Christ ~ The Bride and the deep communion and personal intimate relationship she has with her Beloved Lord Jesus ~ the Bridegroom.
3. IHOP – International House of Prayer
4. DEVO – Devotional
5. A Watch – A 2-hour time period of worship and prayer in the ‘Prayer Rooms’ ~ ‘IHOPs’ ~ of the world.
6. A Cycle – One song and one set of worship and intercession within a ‘Watch’.
7. Orthodoxy – It is generally used to mean the adherence to accepted norms, more specifically to creeds, especially in religion. In the narrow sense the term means “conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early Church”.
8. Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization. It serves as part of the primary basis of an ideology or belief system, and it cannot be changed or discarded without affecting the very system’s paradigm, or the ideology itself.
9. Deeper Communion – The term used for learning meditation and contemplation, the asking, listening, of prayerful reading of Scripture and talking with Jesus or ‘Spirit to spirit’ and ‘Heart to heart’ in intimacy.
10. Contemplation – Contemplation means; “to admire something and think about it. In a religious sense, contemplation is usually a type of prayer or meditation. In Eastern Christianity contemplation (theoria) literally means to see God or to have the Vision of God. The state of beholding God, or union with God, is known as theoria.
11. Healing – The healing ministry is another of the manifestations of Holy Spirit. God heals and delivers His people today as in times of old and it is His desire that all of His people walk and live in divine health.
12. Inner Healing – This type of healing is generally used when someone needs emotional or intellectual healing of sorts. Healing of memories is also another term used for inner healing.
13. Miracles – A manifestation of the Holy Spirit to change a particular situation for the better, for a person or group of peoples, or a place, which goes against the known laws of science.
14. Prophecy – Prophecy is one of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit and is a primary way in which the Lord encourages and exhorts His people.
15. Word of Wisdom – A manifestation of the Holy Spirit of especially knowledgeable truth or wisdom for a particular situation and then the gift lifts. Differing from normal gained knowledge and wisdom by learning and use.
16. Word of Knowledge – A manifestation of the Holy Spirit to inform a person how to pray, or what is needed in a situation, and how to act.
17. Deliverance – The ministry of the Holy Spirit to free a person from demonic oppression or possession.
18. Tongues – A supernatural language given to a person or group of peoples by the Holy Spirit for the intention of giving a message to a group, or a personal edification for the one speaking, or a means of intercession with “sighs and groans too deep to be uttered” by the Holy Spirit.
19. Interpretation of Tongues – The manifestation of the Holy Spirit that understands the foreign tongues being spoken and paraphrases the message, rather than translates.
20. Discerning of Spirits – The supernatural manifestation in the Holy Spirit of knowing which evil or divine spirits are around and what they are doing. Angels, demons and humans can be discerned.
21. Intercession – We seek to transform our region and others we intercede for through worship & prayer. Intercession is the ministry of prayer for others.
22. Praise – A state of being where you are in constant thanksgiving and gratefulness to the Lord, often during musical worship and dancing, usually a much livelier style of liturgy.
23. Worship – Often musical in nature but not necessary, this deeper slower style of worship is focused on the Lord Himself in adoration and deep thanksgiving.
24. Glory/Kavod – This is when the Lord Himself comes and saturates his people with His presence as a weighty blanket and in an anointing of deep prayer.
25. Shigionoth ~ Hebrew word that means to flop around like a fish in prayer and under the power of the Holy Spirit. Habakkuk 3:1 “A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet upon Shigionoth.”
“Shigionoth” in the Hebrew text means, “a prayer of crying aloud; from the heart”.
A psalm set to victorious music, perhaps a wild passionate song with rapid changes of rhythm, a dithyramb or rambling poem,
Suggested translations include, “frenzied” or “emotional.” It probably, then, means a psalm with music expressive of strong emotion, “erratic” or “dithyrambic.”
26. Tehillah – Hebrew word which means to twirl and dance in the Holy Spirit
27. Poured Forth – Outreach and ministry to the homeless, poor and hungry.
28. Prophetic Artists – Differing types of Christian Artists who dedicate and use their artistic gifts to glorify God. Especially creating this art in a state of prayer and worship.
29. Rhythm of Prayer – A ‘Rule’ or ‘Order’ of life that encompasses a series of prayer, worship, study, ministry, etc. becoming missionary’s lifestyle.
30. Cults – The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre. Sociologists still maintain that unlike sects, which are products of religious schism and therefore maintain continuity with traditional beliefs and practices, “cults” arise spontaneously around novel beliefs and practices.
(e.g. isolation from former friends and family, debilitation, use of special methods to heighten suggestibility and subservience, powerful group pressures, information management, suspension of individuality or critical judgment, promotion of total dependency on the group and fear of leaving it, etc.)
Studies have identified a number of key steps in coercive persuasion:
1.People are put in physically or emotionally distressing situations;
2.Their problems are reduced to one simple explanation, which is repeatedly emphasized;
3.They receive what seems to be unconditional love, acceptance, and attention from a charismatic leader or group;
4.They get a new identity based on the group;
5.They are subject to entrapment (isolation from friends, relatives and the mainstream culture)
6. Access to information is controlled.
31. The Fasted Lifestyle – A term used to explain the life that is committed to holiness and living a clean, humble, and pure life, as humanly possible, before the Lord Jesus Christ and with the Holy Spirit’s help. Emphasis is placed on ‘Grace’ and leaning on the Holy Spirit to convict and empower the individual to become more like God as He desires for each individual, as long as it does not directly stand in opposition to known revealed Scripture.